Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

10:01 AM


I know Passenger just came out today, but can I have Wayfarer already? Because wow. I am already a big fan of Alex's other books The Darkest Minds Trilogy, so when I heard about Passenger, I was really excited to read it, and I was not let down.

I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of Passenger back in November, and started reading it immediately. It was completely different from The Darkest Minds, which I enjoyed a different story style from her. I also enjoyed reading from Etta's point of view. I felt like I could relate to her in many different ways, especially when it came to her playing the violin. I personally play the violin, and I loved the way Alex brought the feeling to page. The way she describes it, made me feel just like I do when I'm playing. I feel like Etta's character was well developed, and I loved her personality. I love the way Alex creates her characters, they always feel very developed, and you can tell the time she put in created them. I enjoyed Nicholas's character as well, but not as much as Etta's. He had a strong personality, but I just couldn't connect with him quite as much.

Alex's writing felt completely different than it did in The Darkest Minds Trilogy, in such a beautiful way. The story flowed at a nice and steady pace, and didn't make me feel bored at any time. The action scenes were written very well, and it felt like I was right there watching what was happening, and I love that feeling. They kept me on the edge of my seat. The chemistry between Etta and Nicholas felt like it was at a nice pace, but there were a few moments it felt a bit rushed. Passenger did end with a strong cliffhanger, which is why I'm extremely excited for Wayfarer to come out!

Over all, I am giving Passenger 4.5 out of 5 stars! I extremely enjoyed, and I would love to hear you guys' thought! Let me know in the comments! Also can we take a second to admire the book cover? Because it is gorgeous!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

statcounter

Subscribe