Top 5 Friday: Favorite Authors

3:11 PM


This week I chose to do my top 5 favorite authors. It took me some time to choose just 5 authors, but after a while I was able to narrow it down. As new books come out, my list is always changing, but here are my current top 5 favorite authors.

The first author that I am going to talk about today, is Marissa Meyer. Last week, Winter came out which was the final book in The Lunar Chronicles series, which I love. After I finished Winter, it reminder me why I loved her books so much. She wrote them so well, and even in some of the most serious scenes, still found a way to make you laugh. Most her characters are developed very well, and she is just a sweet person in general.

Next is Sarah J Maas. She is probably my favorite author at the moment. Both her Throne of Glass series and her newest series A Court of Thorns and Roses are so spectacular and intriguing. She creates such enjoyable characters and there rarely feels like there is a dull moment.

Number three on my list is Cassandra Clare. I can't leave her off of my list because her books are what brought me back into reading. Both The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices are so beautifully written, and the characters are developed so well, you can't help but fall in love with her writing. Especially in The Infernal Devices.

The next author I am going to be talking about today is Sabba Tahir. At the moment, she only has one book out, but that's how wonderful it was. It took me a little while to get into An Ember in the Ashes, but once I did, I was hooked. You can tell in her writing how hard she worked on it, especially from the world she has created. I can't wait to see what she does next in the sequel A Torch Against the Night.

My final author today, is Marie Lu. I originally loved the Legend trilogy, but with her most recent series The Young Elites I am truly in love with her work. The series is so dark and captivating, you can't help but be pulled in. I have met her twice now, and she is such a nice person I can't believe she wrote The Young Elites at some points considering how dark it is.

I hope you guys enjoyed todays post. I should have a review up next week on Winter by Marissa Meyer. Who are your favorite authors? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

statcounter

Subscribe