Top 5 Friday: Favorite Halloween Books

12:32 AM


Hey guys! First of all, I decided to completely start over with this blog! I redesigned it and everything! Honestly I completely forgot about it and wanted to restart it. To day, I thought I would start "Top 5 Friday" were I would list 5 books I feel like would fit the theme for the week, and since tomorrow is Halloween, I thought I would do 5 Halloweenish books.

I'm going to start this list with "The Murder Complex" by Lindsey Cummings. If you haven't read it already, it's a fifteen yard old girl who has spent her life being trained by her father to survive a blood-soaked futuristic world where the death rate is high than the birth rate. It was a captivating novel that really fit the time of Halloween with its goriness.

The second book on my list is "Alice in Zombieland" by Gena Showalter. It put a very unique twist on "Alice in Wonderland", but I would not considered it a retelling. It has aspects that relate to the original, and it has a very original take on zombies. If you have not read it already, I would definitely check it out!

For the third book for today, I am going to have to go with "The 5th Wave" by Rick Yancey. "The 5th Wave" has to be one of my favorite sci-fi novels. It tales place in a modern day apocalypse, after an alien invasion, and Cassie's story to survive. It had such an eerie feeling to it, and really had me creeped out at times. The movies comes out in January, and I can wait to see it!

The next book on today's list is "The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer" by Michelle Hodkin. One thing about this book that really stood out to be was the psychological aspect that was dealt with in this book. It had me so confused in parts, and I couldn't always tell what was reality and what wasn't. It really put me in the mood for Halloween!

The final book on the list for the week is "Enclave" by Ann Aguirre. This is a zombie apocalyptic type novel, that takes place over 100 years into the future. The book had what I felt like was a strong horror vibe to me, and I loved that feeling! This is absolutely a book you should pick up if you are in the mood for a horror/zombie type of book.

I hope you guys enjoyed this little post, and I'm glad to be back to blogging again! If you have any other books that you feel like are good in the Halloween season, comment them down below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

statcounter

Subscribe